You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

DIY Chocolate Milk

This isn't about beer, but it is about doing things for yourself. A few weeks ago, I wanted some chocolate milk, but we were out of syrup, and my wife was out with the car. I found out you can make your own chocolate syrup with cocoa powder. This is all it takes.

==================================
Chocolate Syrup

1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup(rounded) sugar
1/2 cup water
2 dashes vanilla extract

Mix the cocoa and sugar well. Add the water and heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until a thin syrup forms. Continue to heat until it boils and begins to thicken. Take off heat and add vanilla. Allow to cool, and pour into bottle of your choice.
==================================

Once I realized how easy this is, and how good it tastes, I decided I'm never buying chocolate syrup again.

No comments:

Post a Comment