You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Budweiser Is Not Bad


Okay, if any of you reading this has experience as a homebrewer, you're going to regard this as heresy. Um, I like Budweiser. I also like Coor's, Schaefer, and Miller. Wait! Before you throw something at the screen, hear me out.

First of all, American Pilsener is a legitimate beer style. It's a light, refreshing beer, perfect for a hot day. It takes a great deal of skill to produce so much beer, at so many different locations, that taste the same. My beer doesn't even taste the same from one batch to the next.

The fault with American beer was not that Bud is a bad beer, it's not. It's that for decades, it was the only beer. When we were growing up, we didn't know there were other choices.

Bud, and Coor's, and the others, have their place. It's all about choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment