You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Monday, January 21, 2013

My new beer

So, Here's my stout for our competition St Patrick's Day. Can't wait to try it!
==================================

I just had to add this update. I couldn't wait to try it. It had only been bottled for a day. It hadn't carbonated completely. The yeast hadn't settled.

But, it was delicious. The coffee and chocolate were detectable as subtle background flavors, which was exactly what I wanted. My home-roasted barley worked out great, adding terrific jet-black color, and (I think) contributed to the "stouty" character of the beer.

Now, I still may not win our little competition. But, at least I have a beer I can be proud to enter.



No comments:

Post a Comment