You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Getting Started, Cheaply

My niece just celebrated a birthday. She had been making noises recently about learning to brew. If you follow this blog and/or my podcast, you know I'm all about low start-up cost.

So, I applied  what I knew, and put together a complete, 1-gallon homebrew kit.

Here's what's in it:

1- gallon fermentation jug
drilled rubber stopper
7 feet vinyl tubing
racking cane
bottlefiller
4 1-liter plastic bottles, w/caps
ingredients for 1 gallon of pale ale

The total cost for this came to $28.80, plus shipping. I think this will di nicely to get someone started. And, you cannot beat the price.


No comments:

Post a Comment