You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

I'm Hungry! You?

I've mentioned before, I'm stuck at home alone while my wife is at work. Sometimes that means I need to get creative to satisfy hunger pangs, or a sweet tooth.

I came across a group of microwave snack recipes, and decided to try one; Cinnamon Bun Cake.

Whenever I try out a new recipe, I line up the ingredients, so I can be sure I have everything. Well, I didn't. I don't have buttermilk, so I decided to try regular milk. Uh, oh. No brown sugar, This may stop me fast.

But wait! I have molasses, and sugar. I know that's all brown sugar is, so if I can find the right formula, I'm good.
 And, there it is.

Everything else seems OK. Oops, applesauce. Hmm, doing my Pooh impression. (Think, think, think)

We do have apples. I wonder if I can just puree one. Well, I tried it, and the results looked right.

 OK, so everything is all lined up, and we are good to go.

In separate cups, I mixed the dry and the wet/damp ingredients, then combined them.

The recipe calls for microwaving everything for one minute, and that's exactly what I did.
Looks good.

I let it cool for a few minutes, then tried it. Delicious!

The texture wasn't quite right, but the taste was wonderful!

Next time I try this (And there WILL be a next time.) I think I'll microwave it a bit longer, maybe 5 seconds more. I know microwave ovens vary, so it's just a matter of dialing in the right time.

But the taste! This is absolutely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment