You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Back To Beer

I've moved. Yes, I know, the title says "Back To Beer". Bear with me.

Over the last several years, I've become disabled, I need assistance walking, I no longer drive, or work. I now brew 2-gallon batches, instead of 5. One concern I had about the move was, "Can I brew in the new place?" I'm happy to say, I can.

In fact, there are several things easier. The kitchen is smaller, so there's always something nearby to hold onto. We have a large closet, with enough room for 2 fermenters, and all my brewstuff. It's much cheaper to rent and heat, which means more money for beer. I don't have to work, which leaves more time to plan, and make, beer.

My first two are a black IPA with rye, and a smoked pale ale. Since this is senior housing, I don't know how many beer drinkers there are, but I intend to find out.

With the extra fundage, I was able to purchase two more cankits, both pale ales. I intend to add molasses to one, and probably brew the other straight.

Think I'm gonna like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment