You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

More On Bottling

Some time ago, I produced a series of videos, with my son's help, on bottling. Since I was talking about the bottling process anyway, I decided to repost them here.

As with any part of the brewing process, sanitation is the key. Anything that touches your beer must be sanitary. That includes the bottles and caps. I won't tell you what to use, everyone has their opinion, But, use something.


I've always been big on saving money. You don't have to use actual brewing equipment to brew. I do fine with stuff I get cheap, or free. The one piece I find essential, though, is a bottle filler. You can bottle without one. But, since it only costs about $2.50, it won't break the bank.


2 comments:

  1. You’re so right about sanitation, Joseph! It is only vital to the bottling process for any food or drinks. Bottles should be perfectly cleaned and germ free. This is to avoid botulism or commonly known as food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've often said to people who ask about brewing if you pay close attention to sanitation, the rest of the process is actually very forgiving. You may not always make the beer you intended, but you will make good beer.

    ReplyDelete