You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

An Old Controversy

A little while ago, I came across a post on a message board relating to a very old controversy; to bottle or to keg?

Homebrewers on both sides are adamant that they are RIGHT. I stand firmly, in the middle.

I happen to bottle, myself. I enjoy the process, it works well for me, and it's by far the cheaper option. But, that doesn't mean I regard keggers as the evil spawn of Hell.

I can well appreciate the convenience of simply pulling a beer from a tap any time you want one. And there is a considerable "wow" factor involved.

My point is, simply, that there's room for both. People are different, with different resources and needs. What works for one may not work as well for another.

If I had the space for the equipment, and the money to purchase it, I would probably keg, some. But, I like bottling, and don't look at it as a chore. I would do both.


No comments:

Post a Comment