You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Buy this book! Read it! Enjoy it! Or else!

 Years ago, I found myself unemployed, again. I wasn't able to find anyone willing to hire me, so I decided to try and find a way to generate my own income. I found I wasn't too bad at putting words together, so I decided to become a freelance writer.

For the next five years, I wrote for local businesses; brochures, ad copy, manuals. I didn't make a lot of money, and I eventually gave it up to become a restaurant manager. But, I did make money, and at that time, that was all I needed to do.

One result of that exercise was a soft spot in my heart for anyone who tries their hand at wordsmithing. One such person is my friend, Will Siss, teacher, reporter, beer drinker, author.




 

I was surprised and pleased to see that Will had written a book on Connecticut beers.




http://www.amazon.com/Connecticut-Beer-American-Will-Siss/dp/1626197938/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430546112&sr=8-1&keywords=will+siss


 As with many books of this type, it was probably out-of-date before it came out. But, it gives a nice overview of the brewing scene in our state, which is surprisingly healthy. I've read it, and I'll recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment