You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Monday, March 17, 2014

I Lose Again

First, a bit of history. A few years ago, my niece, Emily, hosted a family get-together for St Patrick's Day. The highlight was a dinner of Irish stew, with Guinness Stout in the gravy.The following year, she asked if I would brew a stout for the dinner. Happily The next year,  I thought about the brewers in the family, including my son and Emily's brother. I suggested we have a competition, with the winning stout used in the stew. My son, Joe, won.

As we got closer to this years competition, we thought, "Why just make stout every year?" So, last Thanksgiving, we held a drawing to see what we would all compete in. We picked barleywine, and everyone started making plans. Joe wasn't able to compete, but John's wife decided to give it a try.

The contestants were me, John, and his wife, Leanne. Our judge, for the second year, was Will Siss, (http://beersnobwrites.com/), teacher, local author, and family friend.

I lost again, this time, to my nephew, John. So, we've had two competitions, and I've lost to my son, and my nephew. However, since they both brew because of me, I feel like I won anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment