You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Love Going Here

Before I start this, let me say I have absolutely no affiliation with this business. They don't even know I'm posting this.

I recently mentioned I had screwed up, and forgotten to get bottle caps. I did put in an online order right away. But it takes nearly a week for stuff to get to me.

It's not that I need to have beer, it's just that I have batches lined up behind it, and I hate to have unbrewed ingredients lying around. It just feels like an invitation for "critters".

So, I decided to make a road trip, and go to my not-so-local homebrew shop. I wish I was closer; Maltose Express, 246 Main St, Monroe, CT.

Every time I make this trip, I'm glad I did. The place is generously stocked, reasonably priced, and staffed with really nice, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable people.

I spent some time chatting with staff and fellow customers, tried a couple of really good beers, and left with the needed bottle caps, as well as ingredients for more beer. A day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment