You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's My Beer, Dammit!

One of the things I've always enjoyed about homebrewing is that I don't have to answer to anyone's preconceived notions about what my beer should be like.

I just ordered ingredients for my next few batches. I order malts to produce the last two beers in my breakfast cereal experiment, a chocolate milk stout for a beer tasting, and a non-standard standard bitters.

For the bitters, I decided to try something off the wall.  English bitters traditionally use Fuggles or other very British hops for aroma. American varieties, I think, use Willamette, and sometimes Cascade. I'm using Saaz, because I can.

I've said many times on my podcast, and often here, you make the beer you want to drink. I see no reason why I can't try to produce a nice, easy-drinking ale with a Czech aroma hop.

I can't wait to have a sip.


No comments:

Post a Comment