You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Wow

The other night, I was outside, just looking up, and I noticed the constellation Orion.

The star in the upper left-hand corner, Betelgeuse, is a red giant. I read that scientists say it's in the final stages of its life.

If I recall correctly, they say it should explode and die sometime in the next 10,000 years. Now that doesn't mean it'll be that long, just that we don't know exactly when it will happen.

It could be 10,000 years from now. It could be next year. It could be next week. It could be tomorrow. Or...

It could have already happened, and the light of the explosion just hasn't reached us yet.

Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment