You can contact me at jmlabeckjr@gmail.com - Please support this blog, either by visiting the ads, or making a donation. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life Is Finally Getting Better

First off, apologies for being away from this blog for so long. I've been busy trying to get my financial house back in order.

Things are finally better.

To celebrate my new improved condition, I ordered ingredients for several beers. Since I haven't been able to brew for about 7 months, i first wanted to make something fast and easy, to get some beer back in the house.

I brewed up an English Mild Ale, an easy and tasty beer, and a recipe I know by heart.

==========================
Mild Ale

3 lbs light malt extract
8 ozs chocolate malt
1 oz Willamette hops (3.7% AA)
1 pkt ale yeast
==========================

After steeping the chocolate malt in warm water for about 30 minutes, I took them out, added the extract and hops, and boiled for an hour. Then I added this to 2 gallons of cold water, added more water to bring it up to 4 gallons total, tossed in my yeast, waited a week.

I'm really pleased with the result. The beer is low in alcohol (about 2.5%), light bodied, and flavorful.

And, most important, I'm back to brewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment